Welcome to Stanstead Flying High Academy
We are delighted to be able to share with you our vision and values to help you get a true flavour of our school. We are confident that you will find us a welcoming school – one where your child will flourish and realise their potential, whatever that potential might be. We value getting to know all our children. This means we have a better idea of what motivates them and what success should look like for them.
We are committed to providing our children with the very best opportunities and experiences, and we are proud of the relationships that we have with our children, parents and the community. In partnership, we want to provide an outstanding education for the children at Stanstead, to ensure they are well equipped to be confident individuals, lifelong learners and good citizens.
At Stanstead Flying High Academy we believe that all pupils have the ability to achieve wonderful things. Our aim is to ensure that our children are happy and enjoy their time at school. This is achieved by providing an environment where children feel safe to explore the new challenges and learning opportunities they encounter.
All our staff are passionate about making children happy, developing their confidence and inspiring them to be successful. This passion ensures that Stanstead is a vibrant and creative place to be. We aim to help develop creative children who are inspired learners, are considerate citizens, are independent thinkers, have curious and enquiring minds and are caring friends.
We care about every child in our school. Through our strong commitment to pastoral care we strive to ensure that we provide outstanding support for all of our pupils and families. Stanstead prides itself on supporting all children, regardless of their background or additional circumstances. We believe that a child’s potential should not be limited or pre-determined.
What you need to know when applying for a place
- Before you apply for your child’s school place at Stanstead for September 2024, please make sure that your child is the right age – meaning they were born between 1 September 2020 and 31 August 2021 inclusive. Our reception class is for 4 year olds who turn 5 that school year.
- If you apply online or using a paper form, using the SCAF (School Common Application Form), link below. Nottingham City Council strongly encourages applications through the online admission system via the website, link here
- You will be asked to pick four schools, in order of preference. One of these schools should be your catchment school, although it does not have to be your top choice.
- The closing date for primary school applications for September 2024 in England is 15th January 2024, and you will find out if you have a place with us on 19th April 2024.
- For September 2023 applications have closed. for in year applications/ transfers you will need to submit an application through the Nottingham City Schools Admissions team.
- At Stanstead, admissions are managed by Nottingham City Schools Admission Team.
- This team can help with admissions to primary, transition to Year 7, in-year school places and appeals.
- They can be contacted on, and by email firstname.lastname@example.org and by phone 0115 841 5568
Our admissions policy is under the Policies section which can be found here
Our School also offers:
The Lime Trees offers fantastic wrap around care to support those families requiring provision before and/or after school. To find out more click here.
Flying High Partnership
The Flying High Trust is a partnership of schools across Nottinghamshire, Nottingham City and Derbyshire. Schools work together to ensure we are relentless in ensuring our children receive the best possible opportunities and experiences. This is achieved through a true collaboration where all decisions centre on children and schools are empowered to adopt best practice, adapt it within the context of each school and fly!
Please click here to see a video of Chris Wheatley, our CEO, describing what it means to be part of FHT.
We aim for our schools to be the best in the universe!
By the end of their primary education we aim for all of our children to be ready for secondary school and be inspired to be the best they can be through our seven values. The values are fundamental to everything the Trust represents; they run through all elements of school improvement and are understood and owned by all members of the school community. Schools with their own clear USP linked to their values blend together the Trust values with those held so dear within each individual school.
As a Trust Partnership our expectation is that all schools:
- Demonstrate a restlessness to continually improve, to never stand still, with the ultimate aim of
providing the best opportunities and experiences for our children.
- Strive to ensure every child fulfils their potential regardless of potential barriers to learning.
- Commit to become an outstanding, self-improving school and to support the profession and
- development of all schools within the partnership.
- Commit to a school-led system.
- Commit to the values, principles, policies and procedures of the Trust.
- To ultimately strive to be the best school in the Universe.
In our schools you will see we work together to:
- Ensure schools feel connected to the Trust whilst maintaining their unique qualities, character and relationship with their community.
- Ensure high quality teaching and learning.
- Engage with our families and wider communities to raise aspiration for all.
- Develop the whole child and create inquisitive learners.
- Enable all children to be confident, building on strengths and improving in areas of need.
- Enable children to understand the part they play in the world in the future - as a positive citizen and a driver of business and enterprise.
- Support the development of all staff to be the best they can be and to realise their career potential.