The Governing Body at Stanstead Flying High Academy.
Our Chair of Governors is Mrs Debbie Inglis. She can be contacted via e-mail on email@example.com, or in writing via the school (see contact us).
All governors serve on all committees at Stanstead Flying High Academy as these have been combined into a single committee which meets termly. Governors now also meet once a term for the Local Governing Body meeting.
|Parent Governor vacancy
|Debbie Inglis - Chair of Governors, link for School Improvement Plan, Staff and Attendance, Behaviour and Exclusions
|James Saunders - Community Governor, link for Finance and Comms
|Kerry Miller- Staff Governor & Training and Admissions link
|Judith Robinson - Community Governor & Safeguarding Governor, link for Safeguarding and SEN
|Adelle Moncada - Parent Governor, link for Health & Safety and Premises
Our Governing Body
All schools have a governing body which is generally composed of people from four different groups:
- The School Staff
- The Local Authority
- The Local Community
Each governor is chosen by the group they represent.
Working together, governors support the school, particularly in making key decisions about its overall vision for children’s education. As a group, we never lose sight of the school’s most important people: the children. We want the best for them trying always to keep what will improve their future life chances at the front of our thinking.
Purpose of a Governing Body
The purpose of having a governing body is to:
- help the school to set high standards by planning for the school's future and setting targets for school improvement
- keep the pressure up on school improvement
- be a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice
- help the school respond to the needs of parents and the community
- make the school accountable to the public for what it does
- work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review
- exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the headteacher and staff
- not intervene in the day-to-day management of the school unless there are weaknesses in the school, when it then has a duty to take action.
Please see Governor attendance in the documents below.